A new intergovernmental meeting was held at the end of July 2007 in order to try to overcome the institutional impasse resulting from the rejection of the European Constitution by France and the Netherlands in 2005. The EU's member states discussed the drafting of a "constitutional mini-treaty" to be submitted to the meeting of the European Council in October 2007. In this month's op-ed piece on the EU, written before the Council meeting, Jean-François Drevet examines one of the matters that must be sorted out: how powers should be divided between the EU and the member states, focussing particularly on France and Germany.
- Covid-19 : une rupture ?
- The Sea is Rising: Impacts and Strategies. Scenarios to 2100 and Adaptative Trajectories
- Covid-19 and Climate Change: How the Health Catastrophe Interacts with Climate Action
Read related content
- Le Royaume-Uni hors d'Europe ? (free) (1/06/2008)
- La Commission européenne face au changement (free) (1/04/2008)
- Union européenne : disparités de développement (free) (1/09/2007)
S'abonner à la revue
Principale revue de prospective en langue française, la revue Futuribles est un bimestriel disponible au format papier ou numérique. Découvrez nos trois formules d'abonnement.S'abonner